BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Friday, October 7

Fearless Fantasy Friday - No Guts, No Glory!!

I was reading a post over on Coco And Kelly yesterday where Cassandra was talking about getting up the 'guts' to do what she really wanted to do in her bedroom make-over.

I left a comment mentioning the oft used phrase 'no guts, no glory!' because I really think we should follow our  hearts and our 'gut' and go for something if we are truly yearning for it.

If we can pull it off.... glory awaits!

After all.... we can change a paint colour pretty easily.... replace a print, get new curtains (a bit more expensive) etc.

But, all in all, it probably won't be the end of the world if it fails and we have to re-examine what we've done and make some alterations (or even, oh no..... start over!)

I mused about this sort of 'fear factor' a while ago in a post titled 'What Is It You're Craving For Your Home But Haven't Tried Yet? - 3 Questions To Ask Yourself'.

And then, I found this picture whilst visiting a blog that's great for inspiration - The Lennoxx.

If you click on the pic below you'll get the FULL, massive pic with more furniture in it than you can actually see at first glance.


No guts, no glory indeed!

How fabulous is this pic?

Such big, brave, bold use of pattern on the curtains, the supremely glam choice of furniture and accessories.... the whole thing screams 'going for it' to me, and I think they pulled it off BIG TIME!

What do you think?

What do you really want to do in your home, but haven't had the 'guts' to try yet?

Happy Friday everyone.... I hope you get to do something BIG and BOLD this weekend.

Go for it!

Linda. xox

******

4 comments:

  1. No guts, no glory is right!! It can be scary to dive right in, but that's what life is about I think! Sometimes it's those biggest risks that make us the happiest! Big and bold...that's where it's at in my book! (Now someone just needs to convince my husband....) :) Have a great weekend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have just given me the last little nudge I needed.

    I've been looking for the perfect mirror to put over the mantle for ages and I found one - but then thought it might be a bit too ornate and ornamental and rococo and I'd be better off with a more simple version of it... but I still can't get it out of my mind - which should tell me something I guess... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So agree Erin! I loved the living room you featured recently with the pale pink walls and mixture of patterns and animal paintings! That was a brave one - and so gorgeous!

    Sacha..... YOU GO GIRL. Sounds like that mirror has your name on it! You can always exchange it if you get it there and it doesn't look as wonderful as you expected!! Go for glory!!

    Linda. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooorgeous room! In design I'm not scared of much - I love mixing colors and patterns everywhere - but I have always shied away from painting walls. But that's born more out of my laziness because I'm in a rental and don't want to repaint before I move :)

    Of course, 5 years later...I sort of wish I had painted when I first moved in because I would have been enjoying it this whole time! :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails