BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Monday, February 14

Monday Music - Valentine's Day.... Love Is In The Air!

This is where it all began (personally one of my fave articles ever!!).

Music is SO important to the happiness of my home. :)

Now most Monday mornings when the working week looms I'll try to post a fave song or some music I'm listening to at the moment to provide some musical motivation.

So my little groovers......... here's today's installment!

*****************************

This song by Australia's John Paul Young was originally released in 1978, but was re-released in 1992 for the movie Strictly Ballroom.

For those reading this who aren't Aussies, Strictly Ballroom was a massive cult hit over here.... very Aussie, very funny, corny, kitsch, and all the rest. I think it was reasonably successful overseas too!

And, it had Paul Mecurio at his very hunky best. Mmmmm mmmmm.

As soon as I asked myself what song I should post for Valentine's Day, this one just had to be it!!

I remember watching Strictly Ballroom in the biggest theatre in our theatre complex (the 'main screen'), and it was so packed, the only row left was the front row, which was about 5 metres in front of this HUGE screen.

I got a painful crick in my neck from looking up at some almost impossible angle all night, and everything looked absolutely massive, but it was worth it!

There's a few little bits of the movie in the video.... but for those who remember it, there's a bit more in the second video after.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone - may 'love be in the air' for you.



Here's the clip of that famous (amongst Strictly Ballroom fans) end dance and scene with the slow clap in the movie. Sigh.

If you don't know the story it'll all be a bit weird, but here it is anyway. (It's the father of Paul Mecurio's character who's clapping).



And, as always when thinking of our 'Musical Must Haves' section...

Ask yourself: 'Do I L.O.V.E music?'

Which leads to: 'Have I got enough of it in my home and in my life?'

Because: Good interior design caters to ALL our senses, not just our eyes.... that's why I call it 'Atmospheric Design' instead!

Linda. xox

******
The Original Musical Must Have:

******

6 comments:

  1. Okay, now that you mentioned one of my very favorite movies and songs (I so enjoy listening to the movie soundtrack), I just have to sign up as follower. :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I have not been around lately, just needing that extra little bit of time that blogging takes up. I have thought of you though! I do remember this song, I loved it, not so much anymore lol have you seen 'Love actually', I always think of that movie when i hear this song now. Sorry I havent been taking part lately, I have wanted to but Monday mornings seem to go by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that movie! Happy valentines day to you...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Birgit! Nice to meet a fellow 'Strictly' lover!! Just followed your From All Corners blog. The photographs are simply stunning!

    Hi Bec!! I know what you mean about 'time'.... oh yeah! I've seen Love Actually around 5 times I think - it's sort of the 'go to' LOVE movie isn't it!

    Thanks Mel! x

    Linda. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie on television a few years ago. I don't remember it well, but I liked it. The dance scenes were good. I wonder why there aren't more aussie films around, the ones I saw were good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how many times my friends and I watched this movie in high school. I own the movie and own the soundtrack and love that you mention it today.

    Thanks for bringing back so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails