BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Friday, September 11

Where Did The Music Go? Alternatively Titled - Hugh Grant and I Have Something In Common With Our Bottoms!! :)

Music is a big part of my home atmosphere - an important part of my 'atmospheric design'.

I've always loved music, always sung, always danced and grooved to it!

About a year ago I moved to a smaller place. Had to do some judicious 'editing' of stuff.

One thing that had to go (at least into the garage!) was my original, massive, sound pumping stereo.... I just had nowhere to put the huge speakers and the 3 stacker CD player, turntable, amp etc etc. 20 years old and still going strong - thanks Sony - but just too big, too black, and too space consuming.

So....new place (yay!).... no pumpin' stereo music (boo).

I did have this little clock radio thingy that played CD's, but turning it up as loud as it would go was quite disappointing. :(

Of course I put the purchase of a mini hifi at the top of my list. Had the space for it vacant on the big bottom bookshelf.

But, other things had to be done. The guttering got fixed. New curtains. New rugs. New armchairs. The foundations of a new garden.... and... my hifi kinda got left by the wayside.

About 3 weeks ago I was shopping and saw a great mini hifi for half price. It was the shop floor display unit and didn't have a box.

All my grumbling about only hearing good music in my car for the last 10 months or so came to mind, and because it was such a 'steal' I bought it.

Well.

It took about 10 seconds of playing one of my most favourite CD's to remember how much I need music around me and realise how ridiculous I'd been.

What a difference.

My home felt happier.

The air felt different.

The day looked different!

I felt different!

Dancing around the living room was once again on the menu! And my cat once again looked at me with this scathing stare that said 'Do I really have to live with this lunatic!' Yeah!

It's not only the things we see that make up part of our interior design... but sometimes, more importantly the things we can't see.

To celebrate, here's 3 things I've dusted off and am listening to right now. I'd love you to take 3 minutes or so and listen to at least one. Let me know what you think!

Sing, dance, love life!!!

Track Number One: 'Seasons of Love' from the Stage Musical (and movie) Rent.

Satisfied sigh.... gorgeous song.



Track Number Two: 'Shine' by Aussie Singer Shannon Noll. If you're not an Aussie this one will probably be unheard of. Very uplifting rock song, often used at our grade 6 graduation ceremonies. (Before kids go on to Secondary School at around age 12 or 13).

Aussies seem to either love or hate Shannon!



Track Number Three: 'Jump' by the Pointer Sisters. (Showing my age I know).



And so to the part about 'bottoms' and what mine has in common with Hugh Grants.

Wink, wink ;)

We've both pulled some very dubious bottom wiggling moves to this song! My cat really does sit and gape when this one's playing!

In case you haven't seen it here's the link to the scene from 'Love Actually' where Britain's Prime Minister (Hugh Grant) gets his groove on to 'Jump'!

I always think of that when I hear the song now! It wouldn't let me embed it here, but click through and watch.....very funny!

Ask yourself: 'Is there a part of my home's interior design I can't see that's been lacking attention?' A new stereo system to provide 'must have music'? An electric oil vaporizer to disperse some exquisite essential oil scents? Better heating? Better air conditioning?

Which leads to: 'What am I going to do about it, and when?'

Because: A home is created when all of our senses are satisfied.... not just our eyes.

P.S. Today is Julia's weekly blog party over at Hooked On Houses! For lots of great reading and bloggy fun make sure to head over and join in the celebrations! Thanks for another great party Julia! :)

Cheers,

Linda.

******
Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

9 comments:

  1. I agree 100% music has always been such a big part of my life and home. I am tapping my foot and snapping my fingers!
    Enjoy,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have music playing almost all the time in my house. I so agree with you that the things we can't see are sometimes the most important to the way a space feels! Fun post--thanks for sharing it with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have your music back! Music can lift your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy! Glad the toes got tapping! Thanks for visiting. Thanks Julia - great party once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Porch Days! Off to visit your blog now. Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this really spoke to my heart - I'm going to run downstairs and find my Rent CD and blast it on my clock-radio-CD player. Hmmm, I need a new hifi too! Or maybe switch it out w/the one the kids have in the playroom (why should they have all the fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, nice to 'meet' you!! :)

    I love that Rent song... it's just so inspiring and beautiful isn't it! Gorgeous.

    And yep, have to agree, why should the kids have all the fun? We need fun in our lives too!! We deserve it.

    Loved your post about your new 'fan find' over on your blog.

    Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a sweet post! It is time to put the music back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beki! Thanks for visiting! Just went to visit your Pampering Beki blog - gorgeous!

    Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails