BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Wednesday, August 4

Every Exit Is An Entrance Somewhere Else.... Magical Doorways

One of my favourite quotes of all time is 'Every exit is an entrance somewhere else' by Tom Stoppard.

It reminds us that when things haven't worked out, and we're leaving someone/something/somewhere behind, there's new opportunities just around the corner even if we don't realise it yet.

And, to me, the humble door is a beautiful and magical symbol of all that 'can' be, if only we step over the thresh-hold with an open mind and an open heart.

Doors can lead anywhere....... escape to any place...... open onto any vista......

And so, I've decided to start a little section in this blog on the simple, yet to me oh so meaningful door!

I'm on the lookout for doors with character. Doors with that magical and ethereal touch. Doors that 'feel' as though they're leading you, pulling you, to somewhere enchanting.

Here's my first door.....




I guess it's no coincidence that the first post I wrote for this blog just under a year ago was titled 'The Door Opens'.

The magic of the door.

Who knows what we may find on the other side, waiting, ready to surprise us!

Linda. xox

******

2 comments:

  1. Oh that really is so beautiful and that key!! Wow! I'm also very drawn to the blue. Yet another great idea Linda. Doors do seem to hold many meanings... xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, it so true. So true.
    And I love the doors in these pics!! I wanted to piant the doors in the house where i lived before moving to this cottage blue and green, because the house was so sad. And what about the floor in that bedroom??
    I want a house that feels like this.
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails