BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Friday, September 23

A Fantastic Mr. Fox Friday!!

Rather than my normal Fearless Fantasy Friday, I thought I'd feature this gorgeous child's coat today!

It's from the shop Little Goodall on Etsy... and what a brilliant shop it is. Just the most darling and charming outfits that look fabulously well made and sturdy. Gorgeous animals and characters!

Fox fur coat from Little Goodall on Etsy. Image by Bellini Pics.

Here's the description that goes with it:

It's a child in fox clothing! Fox coat of eco-felt, made from 100% post consumer plastic bottles. Looks and feels lovely, beautifully made. This Little Goodall original design features foxy "claws", a fox face hood, two slip pockets for warming foxy paws, and a fuzzy yarn fox tail.

Interior of coat is fully lined with a fun cotton print (print is subject to change from one in last picture due to limited supply, but will remain graphic, brown, and gender neutral), closes down the front with three vintage buttons. Sleeves lined with brown poly lining fabric to slip easily on and off over clothing.


What a glorious thing - I wish I'd had something like this to frolic around in as a kid.... I would have loved it!

As you know I love all sorts of woodsy creatures, and one of my favourite passages from any book ever was about a fox, in the middle of a pine wood, in a book called The Weirdstone of Brisingamen by Alan Garner. (Look it up if your children love to read fantasy in the likes of the Narnian series and Harry Potter etc).

This book was one of the cornerstones of my childhood..... seriously.

It taught me many things.

And, it reminds me of one of my well-loved passages:

Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've just finished to stay near it. What's that book for you?  (Markus Zusak).

I still have that book today although it's about 35 years old.

Just looking at this foxy coat takes me back.... oh to be a child again (or else find a grown-up foxy coat to play in!)

Happy Friday everyone. :)

I hope you get to 'play' this weekend!

Visit Little Goodall on Etsy if you're looking for gorgeous coats to stir your own children's playful and imaginative side.

Linda. xox

******

4 comments:

  1. I want one in my size. Really, I would wear it all winter with no shame at all.
    i never heard of that book, I'm going to look up for it. I'm a lot into children's book, also because many of them are labeled as children's book but they are actually good for all ages. And i would like to spend a word about some of the illustrations these books have. Just those can take my breath away. When I was a very little kid there was a collection of fairytales books with a 45 record where the story was acted out and read by professional actors, and not only their voices where amazing but some of the best illustrators worked for this collections. I remember spending hours watching every single detail of those pictures. Oh wow.

    Have a great week end and enjoy your holidays!!

    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a long (oft talked about) fox obsession. That coat kills me .dead.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Bobbi, I'd wear one too! I still love to read children's books.... my faves were the one above and the entire 'The Dark Is Rising' series by Susan Cooper. I have all those on the shelf beside me as I type. Then The Hobbit and the Narnia books.

    The Weirdstone of Brisingamen, and The Dark Is Rising.... they really had a huge impact on me as a child and helped form the adult I am. It's wonderful how books can do that!

    Your collection of fairytales sounds just wonderful, how delightful to have such a thing!!!

    Jodie, I'm a secret fox addict.... my first business was named after a fox.... I understand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across her store on Etsy this weekend!! The jacket is absolutely unbelievable and then I saw all the other coats and costumes she had created...amazing!

    No kids currently to get these jackets for but I wonder if it's worth storing for the future? :) Kind of wish they came in adult sizes too...so much fun!!

    Jenn xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails