BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Tuesday, April 26

Globes With A Special Touch... Different and Delightful


You all know how much I love a good globe! Anything map related is fantastic in my book, and a lovely globe really gets me excited!

I couldn't resist buying myself a little globe last weekend when I was out looking at mirrors. I didn't find any mirrors that interested me, but my little globe was very satisfying. It was almost twice the price of the bigger globe you can see above (which I bought at a flea market very cheaply), but at $24.95 I was still happy to add it to my little collection. Thanks Freedom!

If you know me well you also know I have a 'thing' for butterflies.... so imagine my delight when I found the work of Wendy Gold which involves taking old globes and decorating them to turn them into something extraordinary.

Here's one of her butterfly globes...


Here's a globe with a family tree on it. And, yep..... I LOVE trees too, so this one's a stunner in my book as well!


There's also globes based on some well known and very well loved children's books like 'Where The Wild Things Are' and 'Oh, The Places You'll Go'.



I'd love to have a whole collection of these on display.


And, as I love globes, butterflies, trees, and books; these ones would be just grand.

What do you think?

Check out Wendy's ImagineNations website to see her full range of globes.

Linda. xox

******
Let's talk on Twitter!
Straight from me to YOU - subscribe!
New to Heartfire At Home? Start here.
And if, perchance, you BELIEVE.... join here.

******

2 comments:

  1. I love the 'where the wild things are' most of all but they are all so cute!! I like your two globes together, and I think the price was good. It is so nice when you go out looking for something you need but then you come back with a surprise. It's the money better spent in my opinion, because it was spent out of passion!
    xox bobbi

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails