BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Thursday, July 15

The Rooms Of Our Homes....


Love this quote from one of the books on my shelf at home....

'The rooms of our homes, whether studio apartment or sprawling mansion, are living, breathing entities waiting to renew our energy. Like people, all they need is a little loving attention and appreciation in order to give their best back'  ~  Jann Mitchell from 'Home Sweeter Home'.

The room above is such a physical representation of someone's loving care for this space.... it's full of little bits and pieces that have meaning and provide nurturing. Lovingly framed momentos and items that sing to the owners soul, little touches of comfort and luxury, textural fur rugs to relax on and run your fingers through, touches of glorious colour and pattern, individual lamps for reading, a place to rest your cuppa.

What a soothing and at the same time re-energising space. I would love to come home to this every day..... and spend time re-connecting with my inner self or a loved one.

How do you add a touches of care and personality to the rooms in your home so they 'give their best back' as the quote above says?

Linda. xox

******

2 comments:

  1. I have flowers, plants, cushions, frames all over the place, especially in my dining room/kitchen/living groom. And I love to show what i like and who i am, so books, dvds, and cds are not hidden in cabinets but well shown on shelves. Sometimes it's difficult to keep everything clean, but i love to look around and see all the things i love most. It's a creative mess.
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. '...I love to show what I like and who I am....I love to look around and see all the things I love most' - EXACTLY how I feel too!

    Linda. xox

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails