BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Sunday, November 15

I Want A Whole Wall Of This...

If ever I saw an image I'd like to cover a whole wall with (and I'm talking side to side, top to bottom), it's this one.

My 'thing' for trees and leaves is deep seated, and this picture left me gobsmacked!



Click on the link under the photo to see it in all its glory - truly stunning.

It also immediately brought to mind one of my favourite poems from J.R.R.Tolkien. The first time I copied this poem into a book and drew a picture of a path through a wood to go with it I was about 10 I think.... and it's stuck with me ever since.

Once again it's the things that stir something within us, that make our memories float to the surface and connect us to our inner selves (and our child within), that can really make the atmosphere of our homes sing.

Here's the poem..... as found in The Lord Of The Rings...

The Road Goes Ever On

The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow if I can.
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it meets some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Ask yourself: 'Do I have items surrounding me that connect to the 'real' me.... the memories and thoughts that made me who I am today?'

Which leads to: 'How can I incorporate more of my own inner self into the interiors of my home?'

Because: When your home resonates with the memories and thoughts of who you truly are, it will be more than just a place to come home to, it will be a part of you.

Cheers,

Linda.

******
Visit 3 More Of Heartfire's Most Meaningful Posts:
What've Two Fields Of Wheat Got To Do With Interior Design?
I've Gotta Thing For Owls
Have You Gotta Thing For Maps and Globes? I Do

******

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails